Competition Rules for Taekwondo & Judo
Divisions for TaeKwonDo & Judo
Divisions determined the day of the event based on age, size and belt rank. 13 year olds and under divisions may be mixed gender
Will follow modified IJF rules with junior safety medical rules. 2 minute matches for Juniors. 3 minute matches for all others
Free-sparring includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- The competition will conform to the standard modified single elimination format with three 60 second rounds for all competitors.
- Contact will be controlled and points will be awarded only for legal, controlled, accurate punching and kicking techniques to legal target areas.
- Kicking to the head will be permitted for green belt and above for all ages; however, kicking will be controlled and only minimal contact will be
allowed. Head kicks will score 2 points and turning/spinning head kicks will be awarded 3 points. Excessive, willful or careless contact, whether it results
in injury, or not, will be penalized in accordance to consultation with the Tournament Director.
- Kicks to the body with the proper technique, foot placement and proper amount of force will be awarded 1 point. Spinning/turning body kicks will be
awarded 2 points. 1 point will be awarded for a solid punch to the body.
- All competitors shall provide for the following safety equipment: headgear, mouth guard, chest protector, forearm guards, shin and
instep guards, and groin cup (males) and clean uniform.
- The 20 point superior rule will be used (after 2 completed rounds). If there is a tie score after regulation, the first competitor to score in
overtime will be declared the victor.
- All rings will be matted and electronically scored. Age 11 and under, White and Blue Belts, may compete on a 6m x 6m competition area.
all penalties will be penalized Gamjeun.
Forms - Singles Forms
Divisions for “singles” forms will be drawn based on rank and/or age. All forms will be recognized. Competitors should perform the form appropriate to their rank.
Competition will commence two people at a time on each mat area.
Board Breaking - Open to All Ages and Ranks
- Competitors can choose the type of techniques and number of boards to break.
- The maximum set-up time is 1 minute.
- The maximum time to complete the performance is 1 minute.
- The maximum number of tries for a specific break is 2 tries.
- Competitors must provide own boards (for sale at venue for $3 each) and board holders.
Difficulty of Technique will be based on the following order of superiority (in ascending order):
- Hand Technique (least difficult)
- Standing kick technique
- Jump kick technique
- Kicking technique with spinning motion
- Jump kick with spinning motion
- Multiple breaking jump kick
- Multiple spinning jump kick (most difficult)
Difficulty of Breaking will also be based on the number of Boards.
- Number of boards held at one time.
- Total number of boards in performance.
- Technical evaluation will be based on Accuracy, Speed, and Power.
- Breaking on the first attempt is superior to breaking on the second attempt.